Having the proper clothing and equipment is an essential ingredient for a successful trip. We have put together a list that we hope will assist you in preparing for your vacation. Having the right gear will make your trip much more enjoyable. If you have any questions on what to bring, please contact us.
The weather on Quebec’s Gaspé Peninsula is very similar to that of the Northeast United States. Summer temperatures may vary from 18-30 Celsius (65-85 Fahrenheit), with June and September being the cooler months. Water temperatures vary from 10 to 15 Celsius ( 50-60 Fahrenheit ). We don’t experience many rainy days but we do have showers and thunder showers from time to time. It’s always best to be prepared.
Clothing & Accessories
- Long & short sleeved shirts
- Long & short pants
- Sweater or pullover
- Polar fleece jacket or vest for mornings and evenings
- Leggings and insulated socks to be worn under waders
- Your favorite fishing hat
- A good quality rain jacket
- Short boots for getting in and out of boats
- Suggested Fly rods 9’ 8/9 wt medium to fast action / 9’ 7 wt fast action
- Spey rod (if preferred ) we do however recommend a singled handed rod as well
- Reel with an adequate drag system capable of holding 150 yards of 20-lb backing.
- Floating weight forward fly line
- Intermediate sink tip fly line for early and late season (optional)
- Breathable waders
- Felt soled wading boots (no studded soles please)
- Wading belt
- Polarized sunglasses
- Fishing vest, chest or fanny pack
- Leader material, we recommend a selection of 8 to 12-lb test
- Fly boxes with a selection of wet and dry fly’s